NZ$110 per person is required outside of 30 Days of your departure. Some activities (including Department of Conservation Walks & Huts)/products have their own strict deposit regulations, which you will be made aware of at the time of booking. Failure to pay the deposit may result in your travel arrangements being cancelled.
Full payment is due within 30 days of departure. Bookings made within 30 days of intended travel are to be paid in full immediately. Full Payment may be required for Department of Conservations Walks & Huts before booking can be made, which you will be made aware of at time of enquiry. Payments will be made via credit card, debit card or direct deposit. Please note: “ANZCRO NZ LTD” will appear on cardholder statements for any transactions made through this website.
Bank and Credit Card Fees
Some banks and credit cards impose fees for international transactions. If you are making a booking from outside of New Zealand, your bank may convert the payment amount to your local currency and charge you a conversion fee. This means the amount listed on your credit or bank card statement may be in your local currency and therefore a different figure than the figure shown on the billing summary page for a reservation booked on the Website. A Foreign transaction fee may apply. The currency exchange rate and foreign transaction fee is determined solely by your bank on the day that they process the transaction. If you have any questions about these fees or the exchange rate applied to your booking, please contact your bank.
ANZCRO reserves the right to charge a late booking fee of NZ$33 to cover additional costs associated with bookings made within 10 days of travel.
First time amendment is FREE. All additional amendments are liable to a maximum charge of NZ$33 per amendment. Once Travel Documents have been issued, all amendments will be charged. Note: If amendments are made, pricing for the full item will reflect the exchange rate valid at the time of the amendment. Amendments to Department of Conservation walks & hut bookings, may incur additional amendment fees and restrictions do apply please enquire with Just New Zealand Walks for details if amendment are required.
- 21 days or more prior to departure: NZ$55 per person plus any ground operator charges
- 7 to 21 days prior to departure: NZ$110 per person plus any ground operator charges
- 6 or less days prior to departure: 100% of the holiday cost at the discretion of land content service providers and ANZCRO
Department of Conservation Walks and Hut Cancellation Penalties: (These penalties are in addition to above)
- Within 48 hours of making booking /payment NZ$55 per person plus any ground operator charges
- Once confirmed Department of Conservation Walks & Huts are non-refundable
Quote or make booking, Bookings will be checked by Just New Zealand Walks staff before requests are sent to the suppliers. Once we have checked hut availability we will contact you for full payment. Then a confirmation invoice will be emailed to the specified address.
When paid in full, documentation will be emailed to the specified email address.
Bookings not meeting the following Terms and Conditions are treated as invalid, and will be reversed (cancelled) by the Department of Conservation.
- Bookings can only be made for people intending to use the facilities/services at the time of booking.
- A booking is required for each adult, youth, child and infant intending to use the facility/service.
- The given name, family name, age, gender and nationality of each party member must be entered at the time of booking, except for sole occupancy sites where only the party leader details need to be entered.
- Bookings are not transferable from one person/entity to another.
- Names listed on the booking as using the facility/service may not be substituted unless approved via a Department of Conservation office. Substitution of all or the majority of names listed on a booking will not be approved.
- Those persons named on the booking may be required to produce proof of identity when collecting tickets or accessing the facilities/services booked.
- Accepted forms of ID are a passport, driver’s license, credit card or student ID.
- Commercial and/or guided groups are not permitted to use Department of Conservation facilities/services unless authorised by the Department of Conservation via a Concession or other agreement.
All Prices are expressed in New Zealand dollars and include New Zealand Goods and Services Tax. No booking of Department of Conservation Walks and Huts will be accepted without payment. Prices, transport timetables and other details may change without notice. ANZCRO reserves the right to amend without notice any advertised prices. We refer to particularly but are not limited to amendments due to currency exchange fluctuations the withdrawal or adjustment of contracted rates with land and service providers, New Zealand or Australian Government charges and errors. Rates advertised on this website reflect information available to ANZCRO at time of submission and all possible care has been taken in its compilation. Current valid prices will be advised on request and confirmation by way of invoice to you when your booking is made. Pricing will be guaranteed only after ANZCRO has received total payment.
A valid Passport is required by all travellers to New Zealand. Those not travelling on an Australian Passport may require a Visa. This is the travellers responsibility to check all necessary Visa requirements. Passports must have at least 6mths validity on them to travel to New Zealand. Electronic Travel Vouchers (e-vouchers) will be issued after full payment has been received by ANZCRO Documents will be forwarded to you. If you require hard copies of vouchers these can be mailed at further cost to you, depending on the style of mail used (Standard Mail, Express Post, Couriers).
Product displayed is representative of that available. ANZCRO does not take responsibility for failure of any individual product/services to provide accurate information or for the photographs supplied by the product/service providers, for the use on this site.
For booking purposes the following age classifications apply to all facilities/services provided by the Department of Conservation (DOC):
Infant 0 – 4 years | Child 5 – 10 years | Youth 11 – 17 years | Adult 18 years plus
- Facilities/services provided by other organisations e.g. transport operators may use other age ranges. Please check the particular facilities/services you require.
- Persons aged 14 years and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Some services may have age restrictions or recommendations.
ANZCRO strongly recommends that you purchase a comprehensive travel insurance policy at the time of booking. Cancellation fees charged by ANZCRO will not be waivered under any circumstances, where travel insurance may have covered you.
All baggage and personal effects are, at all times, at your own risk. Any excess baggage charges are the responsibility of the passenger.
The Trade Practices Act implies a warranty that the services rendered by Australia New Zealand Central Reservations Office will be rendered with due care and skill and nothing contained in these conditions is to be construed as in any way excluding, restricting or limiting that warranty or any other rights implied by law which may not be excluded, restricted or modified.
ANZCRO and its associated companies and their employees are not liable for:
- Any event beyond their control, including (but not limited to) war, disturbance, fire, flood, unusually severe weather, act of God, act of government or other authorities, accident or failure of machinery or equipment, or industrial action (whether or not including ANZCRO employees):nor
- Any act or omission whatsoever (whether within or outside their control) in relation to any booking, contract, travel accommodation, excursion or other holiday services (including the carriage of baggage) which results in any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, death, injury, delay, liability, additional expenses or inconvenience.
- ANZCRO does not own or operate any tour product or service listed. ANZCRO is a tour wholesaler who arranges the provision of the products & services listed. ANZCRO does not take responsibility for the omission or failure of individual properties, plant or services.