Take the hassle out of planning
Let Just New Zealand Walks take the hassle out of planning your next independent Freedom Walk in New Zealand. Once you have decided on a walk or two, email us with your preferred dates and we can check the hut availability. We will endeavor to come back to you within 48 hours. Although you can freedom walk all year round the huts are not manned and have limited facilities over the winter months.
We recommend the best times to walk are between 01 November to 31 March.
Just New Zealand Walks have everything you need to get out on an independent walking holiday through some of New Zealand’s most spectacular landscapes. Numbers are limited — Book early to secure your space.
Below are some dates that the tracks have already become fully booked over the 2020/2021 Season:
- Milford Track:
- Booked out for the 2020-21 season.
- Routeburn Track:
- Bookings are due to open on the 19th of August 2020
- Rakiura Track:
- 05th, 12nd, 20th, 26th-28th November 2020
- 2nd – 6th December 2020
- 10th December 2020 – 11th February 2021
- 20th & 21st February 2021
- 1st – 4th, 20th – 25th April 2021
- Kepler Track:
- 27th October 2020 – 14th February 2021
- 31st March 2021 – 04th April 2021
- Abel Tasman:
- 7th November 2020 – 19th February 2021
- 25th February 2021 – 5th March 2021
- 1st-5th, 17th-25th April 2021
- Whanganui Journey:
- 25th & 30th November 2020
- 13th December 2020
- 25th December 2020 – 12th January 2021
- 19th, 22nd, 26th & 28th January 2021
- 4th-6th, 12th-14th, 17th, 20th February 2021
- 11th March 2021
- 1st-3rd April 2021
- Tongariro Northern Circuit:
- 5th-7th, 12th-15th, 19th-21st November 2020
- 25th November – 20th December 2020
- 24th December 2020 – 16th January 2021
- 4th – 6th February 2021
- 1st-2nd, 15th-17th, 28th-29th March 2021
- 2nd-6th, 11th-14th April 2021
Photo from the Abel Tasman Coast Experience
Simply fill out this form
All prices are per person twin share. Single supplements are availabe on request.